Something I'm just knowing and I'd like to learn more


Well since this year began, a curiosity idea entered to my mind. I started to get interested in Japanese culture. 

Everything started with a special attention to the drawings; I saw too many aesthetic on the anime! The sensitivity on those sketches, the feelings that could be shown in just one animated caricature. I could not take it; it was too much for me. I needed to know how that could be possible.

I started to search, to ask friends, to learn about anime and to watch more and more. However, suddenly, something came out. The thing wasn't just the caricature, there was something else. There was a history, an entire culture that supported those feelings. That supplied the basis of anime. 

After that, I started to watch movies and read articles about the Japanese culture but it wasn´t enough, I wanted more. 

One day, while I was talking to a friend of mine, she told me she had a book. A book interesting that talked about the Japanese aesthetic and culture oriented to the Architecture and Design. We agreed to exchange books (I had other good book about feminism and she was interested on it)

The book was gorgeous! it's called "El elogio de la sombra" of Tanisaki, it is a kind of an essay of a Japanese guy who studies the shadows, the beautifulness of the darkness and how we (the occidental people) aren't capable of perceive or appreciate it. We like, and prefer the light, we almost  don't know the shadows, we are afraid of them because they are mystic and kind of nostalgic. We are afraid of the unknown, afraid of we getting old, afraid of things getting old :( 

On the contrary, Japan people appreciate the mystic, the pass of time, they don't try to erase the past, they live with it. That's what I like the most about them. Their patience, their passion and effort to take out the best side of the things to make them look natural.

I'm just starting this difficult feat but the most I investigate, the most I like this topic. I hope one day I can get inspired on this and I get to incorporate this sensitivity to my architecture designs.  






Comentarios

Publicar un comentario

Entradas populares de este blog

Why I like swimming

Pascuala Ilabaca