Pascuala Ilabaca

Today I'm going to write about one of the artists I most like. I had to choose one but I don't really have any favourite artist. I'm not sure why but I have allways really enjoyed every kind of art, so it was difficult to think of one type too.

Anyways, this time I choosed Pascuala Ilabaca. A Chilean folk musician. I admire her for all the work she has done. She is like the contemporary Violeta Parra. She does history art research to compose music, she has traveled Chile north to south searching for interesting cultural things to add to her work. She has composed in mapudungun and indian languages.

She like to mix cultures in her songs. Not just Chilean or just Mexican or Argentinian or Indian. She takes all of those, mix them and do something new with a particular aesthetic💓

She has a band that accompany her. They play saxophone, bugle (the best combination of sound), drums, guitars and bass Pacuala plays the piano or the accordion.

She studied music here in Chile and in India. She composes all the music they play.

Sometimes I think Chilean musicians don't receive enough recognition. We have very good artist, musician, writters, illustrators, directors, etc, that have recognition abroad in stead of here. If you see Mon Laferte, she became "famous" outside and then we looked at her here. And worst! look at Violeta Parra or Gabriela Mistral! two great woman that were recognised just after they died :c

Maybe the State should promout their artists. In Chile are occuring amazing things that have to be shown.




Comentarios

Entradas populares de este blog

Something I'm just knowing and I'd like to learn more

Why I like swimming